Sunday, June 2, 2013

UAE APRIL 2011 PART 3

This is the third and last post about my trip to the UAE. Before leaving Dubai, it is a must to go on a desert safari! I had a lot of fun except for the part when a handful of sand blew into my eye. Anyways, if you ever plan on going to the desert, you should wear comfortable clothes and open toe sandals or slippers. All that sand is just gonna get in your socks and shoes if you wear closed shoes. If you think it's gonna be really hot, that's just partly true because it's very windy so the temperature isn't so bad. Or maybe that's just me since I'm from the Philippines... Hahaha.


We headed straight for the dunes and started dune bashing! It's like a roller coaster in a 4x4. It's a really exhilarating experience. It was about 20 minutes. Not recommended for those who get easily car sick. Hahaha.

              





Meet my Arabian friend, Hammad. That year, I wrote on my summer bucket list to make at least one new friend in the most random place and what's a more random place than the desert? So... I decided to make friends with the guy who gave out free Arabic coffee. Hahaha. I also made friends with our dune bashing driver but I never got to have a picture with him. He was really fun to talk to though. Hahaha.


This is Marco! I really love this kid. Look at him playing with the agal (band for the Arabian men's headdress). He was keeping me company while everyone was busy taking pictures. Mackie was busy quad biking so I hung out with Marco for awhile. Hahaha


They have free shisha and they can also do free henna tattoos on either your hands or feet. Then later that night, I rented an ATV (quad bike) and drove it around for awhile.


After all the dune bashing and camel riding, we watched the wonderful sunset. I love this sunset photo since it has this beautiful silhouette in it. The temperature at night dropped so it wasn't as hot anymore. 


We had dinner at the desert camp, where we sat down on cushions on the ground around a central circular stage. From what I can remember, they were serving Arabic food like hummus and lamb kebab. While having dinner, dancers perform as entertainment. There was the belly dancer and the Tanoura dancer. The Tanoura is an Egyptian folk dance. Basically, it's a dance where a guy in a giant skirt spins around for almost five minutes. Hahaha.


We left around nine in the evening after buying some souvenirs. The next day, I decided to go out shopping. I couldn't leave Dubai without doing some shopping. I was enjoying myself at the Dubai Mall because of all the great shops they had. That year, the Philippines didn't have the brands that I wanted to buy from so I was going crazy with all the clothing brands they had in store. 



If you've read my older travel posts, you'd notice that I always have a photo on the moving walkway in the airport. Or as what I'd like to call the "flat escalator". Hahaha. This one was taken during our stopover in Hong Kong. 


I wished that  I lived in Dubai for awhile so I could have as many desert photo shoots as I wanted! Most of the photos of me from the trip were taken by my dad. Back then, I didn't really want my photo taken. Regretting that now because I've learned to appreciate on looking back at photos as memories. In fact, I've learned to appreciate a lot of things now other than photography. I've been feeling really blessed for everything that I've gotten in my life. So thankful for everything that I have and for all of the amazing things I've experienced. I'll be posting more throwback posts on my past travels so keep updated by following me on bloglovin' xx

56 comments:

  1. estas bellisima ke bonitto blog me alegro ke te guste la moda como ami me mola mucho besitos me aria ilusion te pasaras por mi blog htt://dolcevirginia.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Me encanta tu blog también! Besos x

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful place to visit! I want to try dune bashing, did you get to drive? Ha

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really is! I didn't get to drive though. I only got to quad bike around the desert. Haha. x

      Delete
  3. Lovely pics . I love the scarf in the first outfit and the pants in the second one

    http://fashionfactive@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow :O lovely photos!
    www.enarastyle.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dubai looks great on your picture....:)
    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!
    Neha
    http://letstalkabouteverything1.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  6. your beautiful ,loved all the photos :)

    would like to follow eachother? let me know!

    byangchee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome photos!

    xx fameliquorlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos. Love your look! Follow me via GFC and I'll follow you, doll. <3
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pics! I am following you back!

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Desert OOTD's would be incredible! haha. The pictures are spectacular, hope you had an unforgettable time xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look so cute!~! I love that scarf!!


    I follow you now via bloglovin !
    If you have time, could you please follow me back!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. the desert safari looks so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What amazing pictures! Really like your blog and the design! :)

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know and feel free to visit my blog! Have a nice day! :) Patrick x

    www.nevernotinspired.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Patrick! Followed you via GFC x

      Delete
  14. Lovely photos!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. wowww stunning!

    join my lovely giveaway:
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow gorgeous location! looking fab doll. Also if you have a sec id love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit post.

    http://vickys-style.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow it looks like you are having an awesome time and making great "random" friends! thanks so much for sharing. I'm following you on bloglovin, I hope you follow me back to keep in contact.
    XOXO

    hellolupi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. heyy m following you now xx

    byangchee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Done :) x www.nevernotinspired.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, what an amazing trip!

    x karen
    www.thechicndamned.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. lovely pictures! especially the desert ones!

    would you like to follow each other? am following u now via GFC :)

    xx
    oishari.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. what an amazing post! beautiful photos!
    thank you so much for your comment!
    new post on my blog!
    muah*
    mariana

    http://asouthbreeze.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  23. hi dear thank you for your comment! i'm following u, hope you will follow me back!
    Have a nice day!
    PERSUNMALL INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow it seems you had great fun :) Following You :)

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous post! Great pictures! I love them all! I'm definitely thinking that your blog is always more cute!
    Have a nice day!
    PERSUNMALL INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
    CHIC STREET CHOC

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cool pics! So great:)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3880191/

    ReplyDelete
  27. wow, this place looks so dreamy, i love this place! *_*
    i just followed you, your blog is amazing!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Amazing!! I love it!!
    If you want, we can follow each! Let me now!!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/
    https://www.facebook.com/estilohedonico?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete
  29. thank u for your lovely comments.. :)
    your photos are amazing - I am jealous for that trip..keep the good work..
    kisses V.
    livinginapinkcloud.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous :) great photos !!
    Misha x

    mishymoo62.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you very much for your lovely comment!!

    I follow you now!
    If you want, we can follow each other on facebook and bloglovin! Let me now!!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/
    https://www.facebook.com/estilohedonico?ref=tn_tnmn

    ReplyDelete
  32. nice pictures! Pls put more! Shall we follow each other? i love comment and browse blogs i followed!
    http://me-poppy.blogspot.com
    Pls leave a message if u follow me , i will follow back soon~ lol

    ReplyDelete
  33. lovely pics, dear! xoxo

    http://yuliasi.blogspot.ru/
    love, Yulia

    ReplyDelete
  34. amazing pics and placeeee!! thanks for your comment! maybe wanna folow each other???


    Oh! New post in my blog! :) blogthedreams, kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, amazing photos!! I really would love to know those places... Thanks for sharing!

    Thank you for your comment on my blog. Following you on Bloglovin :).

    xx
    www.serendipitystyle7.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Steph, your photos are amazing!

    You have a new follower here! Hope we can keep in touch as blogger friends xoxo

    B http://everything-classy-and-fabulous.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  37. fantastic trip & photos!

    ANECIA WAS HERE- more than passion ♥
    blog | facebook | twitter

    ReplyDelete
  38. Loving the zebra scarf!!!! :D

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  39. Cool photos! the scarf is really beautiful!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Awesome pictures.
    http://halielandry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. thank you for your lovely comment..i've just followed you!
    hope we'll keep in touch!
    all the best
    xx
    smiles' avenue

    ReplyDelete